This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides information on how Zetr
personal data when you visit our website or mobile applications.
The data we collect about you
- We collect your personal data in order to provide and continually improve our products and
- We may collect, use, store and transfer the following different kinds of personal data about
o Information you provide to us: We receive and store the information you provide to us including
your identity data, contact data, delivery address and financial data.
o Information on your use of our website and/or mobile applications: We automatically collect and
store certain types of information regarding your use of the Jumia marketplace including
information about your searches, views, downloads and purchases.
o Information from third parties and publicly available sources: We may receive information about
you from third parties including our carriers; payment service providers; merchants/brands; and
advertising service providers. Cookies and how we use them
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree.
- Cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website and mobile applications,
the following purposes:
o Recognising and counting the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site
when they are using it (this helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring
that users can find what they are looking for).
o Identifying your preferences and subscriptions e.g., language settings, saved items, items
stored in your basket and Prime membership; and
o Sending you newsletters and commercial/advertising messages tailored to your interests.
- Our approved third parties may also set cookies when you use our marketplace. Third parties
include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks and
advertising companies. How we use your personal data
- We use your personal data to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services
that we offer, including the following:
o Registering you as a new customer.
o Processing and delivering your orders.
o Managing your relationship with us.
o Enabling you to participate in promotions, competitions and surveys.
o Improving our website, applications, products and services
o Recommending/advertising products or services which may be of interest to you.
o Complying with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity where necessary.
o Detecting fraud.
How we share your personal data
- We may need to share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
o Sale of products and services: In order to deliver your products and services purchased on our
marketplace from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third
o Working with third party service providers: We engage third parties to perform certain functions
on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages,
analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content,
assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service.
o Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other
businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information may be transferred together with
other business assets.
o Detecting fraud and abuse: We release account and other personal data to other companies and
organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to comply with the law.
- When we share your personal data with third parties, we:
o require them to agree to use your data in accordance with the terms of this Privacy and Cookie
o only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our
instructions. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their
- We may transfer your personal data to locations in another country, if this is permissible
pursuant to applicable laws in your location. There are inherent risks in such transfers.
- In the event of international transfers of your personal data, we shall put in place
measures necessary to protect your data, and we shall continue to respect your legal rights
pursuant to the terms of this Privacy and Cookie Notice and applicable laws in your location. Data security
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being
accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
- In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors
and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data
on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will
notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. Your legal rights
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please
keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your
personal data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data, object to or
restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
- e process
your personal data, or you wish to exercise your
rights in respect of your personal data, please contact [email protected]